What We Believe
Restoring Soul is founded upon an evangelical system of Christian doctrine, however, we are honored to work with ministers and Christian leaders from a wide variety of backgrounds and Christian traditions.
Our doctrinal motto is: “In essentials unity; in non-essentials liberty; in all things charity.”
In terms of our essentials we believe in:
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God are divinely inspired and God-breathed as our supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- One God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ, the Lord, who is God revealed “with skin on” — His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His crucifixion, His resurrection, His ascension, and His personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of sinful man–apart from works, through the shed blood of the Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the believer is empowerd to live a holy life.
- The resurrection of life for those that are in Christ.
- The unity of spirit of all true believers, the Church, the Body of Christ.