Surfing for God Intensive Workshop
A Life Changing Three and One Half Workshop for Men – Based On the Book Surfing for God.
The Surfing for God Intensive Workshop is a life changing workshop for men struggling with sexual addiction and compulsion.Whether you are brand new to the healing process, or well into the journey, the Surfing for God Intensive Workshop is a powerful and cost effective way to take the next step in your healing journey.
How Will You Benefit from Attending the Intensive Workshop?
When it comes to finding a program or healing ministry, you want the program that fits you best. Not all programs are alike.
Every participant in the Surfing for God Intensive Workshop will experience the following benefits:
- Participate in live instruction from Michael Cusick, author of Surfing for God, and nationally recognized expert in the healing of sexual addiction and sexual brokenness.
- Discover the emotional, relational, and spiritual roots of your compulsive and out of control behavior
- Recognize the legitimate thirsts and desires beneath your struggle
- Identify your soul brokenness and connect how it relates to acting out.
- Understand how shame keeps you locked in a vicious cycle of sexual sin
- Demolish spiritual strongholds–shame based beliefs and lies
- Discover the neurological realities of porn addiction to ”reboot” and “rewire” your brain
- Journey with other men struggling with similar issues
- Establish a plan to continue your journey to freedom
The Surfing for God Intensive Workshop format is emotionally, relationally, and spiritually intense. It is crucial that participants understand this is not a men’s retreat, but a focused and intense time of doing restorative soul work.
The workshop combines interactive instruction, large and small group experience, experiential exercises. Participation is capped at 28 men to ensure focused interactions with staff.
Is Attending a Surfing for God Intensive Workshop Right for You?
Men who attend the intensive workshop must be in agreement with the statements below
- I am generally in agreement with the general message in Surfing for God: Discovering the Divine Desire Beneath Sexual Struggle
- I am highly motivated to experience breakthrough no matter what it takes.
- I desire to take my healing and recovery journey to the next level.
- I am willing to honestly face my personal brokenness and take responsibility for my own recovery.
- I am tired of the “more effort, more accountability, more willpower” approach to my struggle.
2013 Workshop Schedule
May 2-5, 2013
September 2013 TBD
The workshop schedule is designed so that participants may fly or drive to Colorado Springs on Thursday to begin the intensive Thursday evening. If you’re flying you should arrive in Colorado Springs no later than 2pm MST so you’ll have time to acclimate, arrive at the workshop site, and check in between 4pm and 5pm.
Transportation to and from the Colorado Springs airport is provided on Thursday and Sunday so renting a vehicle is not necessary. The workshop ends just after lunch on Sunday so participants should not schedule flights prior to 3:30pm on Sunday.
Participants must be present for the entire workshop and will not be allowed to arrive late or leave early. Upon registration, all participants will receive detailed travel information.
The three and a half day workshop is a unique opportunity to accomplish significant breakthrough in your recovery. At the end of the weekend participants will have received the benefits of approximately 6 months of counseling. Consequently, the intensive workshop maximizes your investment of time, money, and emotional energy.
The cost for the Live Free Intensive is $875 (USD). This includes three nights of lodging, meals, linens and towels, and all on site programs.
Each participant is personally responsible for their own travel arrangements, as well as any associated costs.