Discover Lasting Freedom From Lust, Porn, and Sexual Addiction
A Life Changing Intensive Weekend based on the book, Surfing for God, May 15-18, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Are you ready to chart a new course? Healing is possible. Restoration is real. Get to the heart of the matter now.
The Surfing for God Intensive Weekend is a three day experience for men struggling with pornography, sex addiction, and habitual sexual sin like serial affairs, promiscuity, strip clubs, and prostitutes.
The Surfing for God Intensive Weekend takes men to the heart of the matter and the root of the problem. Instead of helping men become more effective at sin management (which only fans the flames of sexual compulsion), the intensive weekend graciously exposes the deep brokenness of a man’s heart.
Finally, the Surfing for God Intensive Weekend equips men to walk in a healing community–not as forever addicts, but as Beloved and empowered sons.
Whether you are just beginning your recovery, or well into the journey, the intensive weekend provides a powerful and cost effective way to take the next step in your healing journey.
How Will You Benefit from the Intensive Workshop?
When it comes to finding a program or healing ministry it’s crucial to find a program that fits you best. Not all programs are alike. Not every approach is the same.
Every participant in the Surfing for God Intensive Weekend will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in live instruction from Michael Cusick, author of Surfing for God, and nationally recognized expert in the healing of sexual addiction and sexual brokenness.
- Discover the emotional, relational, and spiritual roots of your compulsive and out of control behavior
- Recognize the legitimate thirsts and desires beneath your struggle
- Identify your soul brokenness and connect how it relates to acting out.
- Understand how shame keeps you locked in a vicious cycle of sexual sin
- Demolish spiritual strongholds–shame based beliefs and lies
- Discover the neurological realities of porn addiction to ”reboot” and “rewire” your brain
- Journey with other men struggling with similar issues
- Establish a plan to continue your journey to freedom
The Surfing for God Weekend Intensive format is emotionally, relationally, and spiritually intense. It is crucial that participants understand this is not a men’s retreat, but a focused and intense time of doing restorative soul work.
The workshop combines interactive instruction, large and small group experience, experiential exercises. Participation is capped at 28 men to ensure focused interactions with staff.
Is Attending the Weekend Intensive Right for You?
Men who attend the intensive workshop must be in agreement with the statements below
- I am generally in agreement with the general message in Surfing for God: Discovering the Divine Desire Beneath Sexual Struggle
- I am a committed follower of Jesus Christ
- I am highly motivated to experience breakthrough no matter what it takes.
- I desire to take my healing and recovery journey to the next level.
- I am willing to honestly face my personal brokenness and take responsibility for my own recovery.
- I am tired of the “more effort, more accountability, more willpower” approach to my struggle.
2014 Workshop Schedule
The workshop schedule is designed so that participants may fly or drive to Denver or Colorado Springs on Thursday to begin the intensive Thursday evening (flying into Denver International Airport is generally cheaper). If you are flying you should arrive in Colorado Springs no later than 2pm MST so you’ll have time to acclimate, arrive at the workshop. Check in begins at 4pm.
Transportation to and from the Colorado Springs airport is provided on Thursday and Sunday (additional total cost of $30.00) so renting a vehicle is not necessary. The workshop ends with lunch served at 12:30pm so participants should not schedule flights prior to 4:000pm on Sunday.
Participants must be present for the entire workshop and will not be allowed to arrive late or leave early. Upon registration, all participants will receive detailed travel information.
The cost for the Surfing for God Weekend Intensive is $875.00 (USD). This includes three nights of lodging, meals, linens and towels, and all on site programs. Each participant is responsible for costs related to travel, or other associated costs.
Upon completing the weekend participants will have experienced the benefits of approximately 6 months of counseling. Consequently, the intensive workshop maximizes your investment of time, money, and emotional energy. Most important, the three and a half day workshop is a unique opportunity to accomplish significant breakthrough in your recovery.