“I’ve tried everything, and nothing has worked!”
One of the most frequent statements we hear from clients early on is “I’ve tried everything, and nothing has worked!” Often, this means that sincere and well meaning attempts to “change” or manage the problem have failed.
Whether it’s reading the newest book, attending the latest Christian conference, or going to a string of counselors, by the time people discover intensive counseling they are desperate for hope. But there is good news.
At Restoring the Soul we’ve discovered again and again that the reason why “nothing has worked” is because of unprocessed and unaddressed trauma. This is good news because never before in the world of behavioral science has there been such clear understanding of trauma and it’s impact on the human brain and body.
Trauma can be healed!
We “get” how trauma impacts the brain and body.
Trauma can be defined as any life experience that is emotionally painful, distressing, or shocking and results in lasting mental and physical effects. Trauma is essentially a normal response to a distressing event or series of events. However, living with trauma is anything but normal.
When multiple attempts have failed to successfully address an issue, trauma is frequently the root which needs to be addressed.
- Marital conflict where partners trigger one another
- Sexual difficulties and difficulties with intimacy
- Pornography and sexual addictions
- Behavioral addictions and compulsions
Intensive counseling can be an optimal environment for the healing of trauma and deep wounding.
Through daily sessions that build upon one another you will
- Experience grace and kindness in a safe and caring environment as you tell your story.
- Understand the true impact of your story on your brain, body, and soul.
- Connect the impact of trauma to present relational and behavioral struggles.
- Discover the maladaptive impact of self-protective survival strategies.
- Develop a toolbox full of skills and practices to empower you well beyond your intensive.
- Practice skills to regulate emotional and physiological distress.
- Experience powerful healing from EMDR, The Four Streams, and other healing components.