We offer help and hope when it seems all hope is lost.
We regularly help couples who tell us that things like:
- “We’ve had significant long term struggles and nothing ever seems to change.”
- “We’ve had a pretty good marriage, but recently everything imploded.”
- “Much of the time I feel hopeless or helpless that my marriage can ever be different.”
- “Our marriage is filled with conflict, criticism, contempt and blaming.”
- “We’ve spent a small fortune in marriage counseling–and don’t know what else to do.”
- “My spouse is frequently disengaged, withdrawn or ‘checked out.'”
- “I feel crazy in this relationship and don’t understand why.”
- “My spouse is addicted to pornography or other online behavior.”
- “My spouse had an affair and I can’t just ‘get over it.'”
- “We struggle with sexual intimacy and don’t know how to talk about it.”
- “We are unable to sustain a meaningful emotional connection.”
What common thread runs through these marriages?
The common thread is “either-or thinking”. Hopelessness or resignation. Things are too far gone for us to make it or this is as good as it gets. I feel trapped, but I’m just going to have to suck it up and stay in this bad marriage. Much of the time, a marriage that feels as if all hope is lost or that it is “too far gone”, is simply suffering from a lack…
We help couples discover a “third way” to create meaningful connection.
Couples have traveled from around the world to attend our intensive counseling programs. Some of the elements of our program that you can expect help and hope from include:
- Getting away from your day to day life and routine in order to create a safe and structured space for the relationship to heal.
- Finding clarity about the core issues that cause the cycle of pain and disconnection.
- Creating a concentrated period of time to give intense focus.
- Exploring and treating unaddressed trauma that is triggered in a “dysfunctional dance” within the relationship.
After eighteen years of working with couples in our intensive counseling programs we’ve become well acquainted with the pain, turmoil and roller coaster of emotions you may be experiencing right now.