Can you relate to any of these painful experiences?
- “We’ve had significant long term struggles and nothing ever seems to change.”
- “We’ve had a pretty good marriage, but recently everything imploded.”
- “Much of the time I feel hopeless or helpless that my marriage can ever be different.”
- “Our marriage is filled with conflict, criticism, contempt, and blaming.”
- “We’ve spent a small fortune in marriage counseling–and don’t know what else to do.”
- “My spouse is frequently disengaged, withdrawn, or ‘checked out.'”
- “I feel crazy in this relationship and don’t understand why.”
- “My spouse is addicted to pornography, sex, or other illicit behavior.”
- “My spouse had an affair and I can’t just ‘get over it.'”
- “We struggle with sexual intimacy and don’t know how to talk about it.”
- “We are unable to sustain a meaningful emotional connection.”
- Intensive counseling can help marriages even when it’s seems things are beyond hope.
At Restoring the Soul we offer true hope and real help to couples without hope and who have run out of options. We regularly work with couples whose marriages are in major crisis, but who go on to experience major breakthrough during an intensive. In fact, the average couple who attends an intensive has made two to three unsuccessful attempts at marriage counseling before they experience breakthrough at Restoring the Soul.
What are the Top Seven Reasons couples come to Restoring the Soul?
- Renewal and restoration after ministry has taken it’s toll personal or relational well being.
- Lack of emotional and relational intimacy with little ability to connect.
- Chronic patterns of conflict, contempt, or criticism
- Betrayal from infidelity and/or addictive behaviors.
- Sexual difficulties or dysfunctions including lack of sexual intimacy.
- Unaddressed childhood trauma in one or both partners.
- Significant confusion or lack of clarity about what the actual issue is.